Dual Specialisation in Islamic Wealth Management &
FGA Dual Specialisation Program
Comprising of two best-sellers picked from our FGA-MIT Signature Program Series, the Dual Specialisation in Islamic Wealth Management & Retail Banking comprises of Islamic Assets, Funds & Wealth Management Certificate of Specialisation and the Islamic Retail Banking & Digital Transformation Certificate of Specialisation.
We have built these programs from the ground up to give you an unparalleled learning experience adding value and a depth of subject matter that we feel is lacking in most conventional crash courses available in the market at present.
Conducted and presented by veterans with years of practical experience and exposure, the Dual Specialisation Program combines the best of two of our most popular workshops to bring you a wealth of knowledge and practical insights that will help you attain your targets.
Key Topics Covered in the Sessions
The Dual Specialisation program covers an entire gamut of topics that we know will give you a competitive edge in the present job market – whether you are looking to enter the industry as a newcomer or looking to move up the professional ranks by up-skilling yourself, the Dual Specialisation program can help you get the mileage you need.
Islamic Assets, Funds & Wealth Management Stream
- Introduction and importance of investment in Islam
- Structuring Islamic Funds
- Different types of Islamic Funds
- Islamic stock selection process & investing in equities.
- Islamic Indices
- Hedging tools & techniques In Islamic
- Finance Investment Management
- Market risk management strategies for Islamic Funds
- Liquidity strategies for Islamic Funds
- Basic of Islamic wealth management
Islamic Retail Banking & Digital Transformation Stream
- Introduction to the Islamic Banking & Finance sector
- Market demand ‘shifting’ global players towards Islamic Finance
- Offering Islamic finance products under the conventional banking umbrella
- Islamic Banking Products Offering – Retail Banking
- The future of Shariah compliant retail banking
- Global challenges for Islamic retail banking in the current digital climate
You can benefit from the DS if ...
Just like we mentioned above – there’s no strict guideline on what previous qualifications you need in order to be able to partake in this program. Whether you are just finishing up studies and are looking for extra qualifications to give you an edge in the job market, or you are looking to climb further up the corporate ladder, the range and scope of topics explored in the DQ Program will work for you as it covers everything from the very basics to much advanced and complex topics in detail – with an emphasis on practical applications and real life scenarios.
Dual Specialisation - IWM + IRB - In a nutshell
How is the content delivered?
All live lectures of these sessions are conducted in a fully digital/virtual setting via Zoom – lesson materials, quizzes and final exams are conducted and submitted via the student portal.
How long do these sessions last for?
The Dual Qualification is a 3 day program that includes 3 hours per session. You will need to allocate time for studies and exam preparation in order to successfully complete.
Do you issue a certificate?
Completing this program entitles you for two certificates of specialisation – Islamic Assets, Funds & Wealth Management and Islamic Retail Banking & Digital Transformation.
What is my investment?
The program which will be conducted by a panel of industry veterans will cost you USD 100 – a USD 20 saving on obtaining the two qualifications separately.
Your Instructors - Dual Qualification Program
MIT-Muhammed Ikram Thowfeek
Founder, MIT Global Group
MIT-Muhammad Ikram Thowfeek is one of the very rare and unique Islamic finance personalities in the industry. Teaching Islamic finance on various topics is his passion and have taught more than 5000 Islamic finance students globally over the last three (3) decades. He is a Chartered Accountant by profession and an Islamic Banker and Ethical Entrepreneur by practice.
While MIT is driving the Dual Qualification program as the lead instructor – there will be special guest appearances from industry veterans to share insights and practical experience into various topics and aspects of the course in the form of live Q&A sessions and more.
- We give you way more than just theoretical knowledge
- We have the best practitioners who have spent decades in the industry and have years of wisdom and knowledge
- We give you a hands-on approach to how Islamic Finance works – we guide you on the theoretical knowledge, but also show you how to apply that to real-life scenarios and problems.
Benefits of Enrolling with the FGDA
Subject Matter Experts and industry practitioners will be taking up the webinars on a regular basis, as per the schedule.
FGDA Membership ‘Be One in a Million’
Get free access to:
- MIT Suite: Blog, Podcast, Talks & Videos
- eBooks/digital content
- One-year free subscriptions to the ISLAMIC FINANCE TODAY (IFT) Digital Magazine
- Premium monthly Webinars
- Paid Public Lectures and Programs conducted periodically, physically & virtually
- All conferences, workshops & seminars (both physically & virtually)
- Online Quizzes, Puzzles, and other competitions to win fabulous prizes
- Be an Affiliate and Earn by introducing a buddy, relative, colleague to follow FGDA Programs
Islamic Banking and Finance is a centuries old practice with its roots running back 1440 years – however, the first modern approach into Islamic Banking and Finance did not happen until 1975. Today, Islamic Banking and Finance sector is a global success story, managing funds in excess of 2 trillion US Dollars.
With educational institutes introducing Islamic Banking qualifications as mentioned earlier, competition among them is increasing rapidly to partake in this multi-trillion dollar industry. Imparting and nurturing new talent for the corporate and entrepreneurial world is what it will take to survive and thrive in this race. There is ample room for growth and new-players if we are to market Islamic Finance to the masses under the moniker of ‘valid and applicable to people of all faiths and beliefs’.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are various options to pay at your own convenience.
- Cash – You can come to our office and pay cash and get a receipt
- Direct Bank Transfer – You can transfer the funds to our First Global Academy Bank Account and share the copy to the transfer slip and get it acknowledged, followed by access to the Portal.
- You can pay digitally, using your Debit/Credit card.
Yes, if you need some time to pay for. You can select to pay in two instalments. Since this program will run upto 8-10 weeks – to start and finish.
Not for this IFQ Program. But if you are one of the students following the Dual Qualifications Program, then you have to do projects on your own and submit. All details of the project will be shard under that program.
Most of the interaction will happen on and during the weekly webinars, our lectures are very interactive and you will often find yourself participating in question and answer sessions and we give plenty of opportunity to our students during the sessions to ask any and all questions they have and clear up any confusion they might have before moving on.
We currently give our students access to two mock exams – 50 Questions picked from our question bank, with the option of trying it with 3 attempts.
Weblinks for the webinars will be shared with you on a weekly basis. You will gain access to all other educational materials + extras via the student portal and the website.
This is unfortunately not possible as the e-learning standards we adhere to require one account per student to track progress and maintain educational integrity.
A stable internet connection with a mic and webcam will be needed. You will need Zoom to access the weekly webinars.
We will send you the account login details once the payment information is verified – you can use this login info by clicking on the login button on the banner of our homepage to gain access to the student portal.
The content of the pathway will be conveyed via weekly webinars with access to educational collateral provided through the student portal of the website.