'The Banking Shift'
Conventional to Islamic
Physical to Digital
FGA-MIT SIGNATURE PROGRAMS
The 2-day program comprising of two 3-hour workshops is part of our FGA-MIT Signature series of programs designed at adding value and a depth of subject matter that we feel is lacking in most conventional crash courses available in the market at present.
Turn information into knowledge, and knowledge into wisdom with guidance from some of the brighest minds in the region on below topics.
Explore the offering in full detail below – in an age where more and more people are exploring alternate banking solutions and more and more banks are venturing into digital from physical, participants of this Certificate of Specialisation program will gain valuable insights into new trends in the industry and how to thrive in a fully digital banking landscape.
The content of this program will be explored via four unique perspectives, more on which you can read below.
What Do You Get With this Certificate of Specialisation?
Completing the Certificate of Specialisation Workshop session will help you know and understand:
- The core physical and digital functions of Islamic banking & finance
- Going digital banking, from Practitioners’, Shariah, Technological and Regulatory perspectives
- The different terminologies and jargon used in the virtual and digital worlds
- The challenges of going digital and attracting/onboarding digital customers
- The process of offering Islamic finance products through different types of Islamic finance operations/models
- The Costs & Benefits of going digital banking
- Global challenges and future trends in Banking – going digital & virtual
You will also be able to share your insights and input on the subject matter and clear your doubts and have your questions answered during the interactive Q&A sessions with the presenters.
12+ Highly Relevant Topic Areas
- Crypto & CBDC
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- New Digital Trends and Challenges
4 Unique Perspectives
'The Banking Shift' - Course Content
- Introduction to Islamic Banking & Finance – Where and how it started, What it is today?, Hurdles, Threats & Opportunities of the future
- Market demand ‘shifting’ global players towards Islamic Finance
- Regulatory Framework – Offering Islamic finance products and Different types of operational models
- Key Principles that distinguish between Islamic Banking and Conventional Banking – Moving from Interest bearing to profit and loss sharing
- Islamic Banking Products – All major products offered
- Importance of Banking Going Digital – To capitalise and to stay relevant
- Fluctuations in Customer experiences and expectations – How to get and keep their attention both digitally & virtually
- The transformation of Physical branches into virtual ones – A cost & benefit analysis of it
- Commonly used terminologies and jargon in the virtual and digital world – NFTs, Crypto & CBDC, Fintech, AI, Blockchain, Metaverse, Big Data
- Different types of Banking – Digital, Virtual, Open, Neo, Omnichannel, Smart, Internet, Phone, SMS, Online and other forms of banking in use
- Importance of Know Your Customer (KYC) & Keep Your Customer (KYC) – How?
- Regulatory challenges of cryptocurrencies coupled with new trends in the digital world
- Shariah governance, in a digital and virtual world
- Boosting the Islamic finance industry – Core areas to focus
- Global challenges of Banking – Going Digital & Virtual
- Wrap Up & Conclusion
'The Banking Shift' - Course Content
All aspects of the workshops are conducted in a fully virtual setting via Zoom. Platforms can be switched for corporate clients for group sessions.
The full workshop duration is 6-hours, made up of two 3-hour sessions over two days. This includes interactive Q&A sessions with the presenters.
The Certificate of Specialisation ‘The Banking Shift’ touches on points crucial to adapting to the current digital trends in the banking sector.
All you need to partake in this workshop is industry experience coupled with a basic knowledge of how the industry works.
The full investment for the 2-day workshop is 60USD – for that you get two experienced practitioners sharing their knowledge, experience and wisdom.
To give each participant individual attention and monitor progress we keep the batch sizes small, fostering a laid-back discussion forum than a crowded and rushed session.
Issuance of Certificate of Specialisation once you have participated in the full workshop session and the interactive Q&A session.
'The Banking Shift' - Instructor Panel
MIT-Muhammed Ikram Thowfeek Founder, MIT Global Group
Senior Technology Director and Operations Head, Middle East at Synechron
- We give you way more than just theoretical knowledge
- We have the best practitioners who have spent decades in the industry and have years of wisdom and knowledge
- We give you a hands-on approach to how Islamic Finance works – we guide you on the theoretical knowledge, but also show you how to apply that to real-life scenarios and problems.
Islamic Banking and Finance is a centuries old practice with its roots running back 1440 years – however, the first modern approach into Islamic Banking and Finance did not happen until 1975. Today, Islamic Banking and Finance sector is a global success story, managing funds in excess of 2 trillion US Dollars.
With educational institutes introducing Islamic Banking qualifications as mentioned earlier, competition among them is increasing rapidly to partake in this multi-trillion dollar industry. Imparting and nurturing new talent for the corporate and entrepreneurial world is what it will take to survive and thrive in this race. There is ample room for growth and new-players if we are to market Islamic Finance to the masses under the moniker of ‘valid and applicable to people of all faiths and beliefs’.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are various options to pay at your own convenience.
- Cash – You can come to our office and pay cash and get a receipt
- Direct Bank Transfer – You can transfer the funds to our First Global Academy Bank Account and share the copy to the transfer slip and get it acknowledged, followed by access to the Portal.
- You can pay digitally, using your Debit/Credit card.
Not for this IFQ Program. But if you are one of the students following the Dual Qualifications Program, then you have to do projects on your own and submit. All details of the project will be shard under that program.
Most of the interaction will happen on and during the weekly webinars, our lectures are very interactive and you will often find yourself participating in question and answer sessions and we give plenty of opportunity to our students during the sessions to ask any and all questions they have and clear up any confusion they might have before moving on.
This is unfortunately not possible as the e-learning standards we adhere to require one account per student to track progress and maintain educational integrity.
A stable internet connection with a mic and webcam will be needed. You will need Zoom to access the weekly webinars.