Islamic Retail Banking &
Certificate of Specialisation
FGA-MIT SIGNATURE PROGRAMS
The 8-hour comprehensive Islamic Retail Banking session is a part of our FGA-MIT Signature series of programs designed at adding value and a depth of subject matter that we feel is lacking in most conventional crash courses available in the market at present.
Key Takeaways – Islamic Retail Banking – Certificate of Specialisation
- Gain a digital perspective of financial services to capitalise on the opportunities coming up in the retail banking space.
- Adapt yourself and your team to the current climate of going from physical to digital while gaining the necessary skillsets.
- Prepare yourself for the ever-changing customer experience requirements and be able to change and rollout solutions faster while identifying the importance of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Keep Your Customer (KYC).
Key Topics Covered in the Sessions
- Introduction to Islamic Banking & Finance
- Market demand ‘shifting’ global players towards Islamic Finance
- Offering Islamic finance products under the conventional banking umbrella
- Islamic Banking Products Offering – Retail Banking
- The future of Shariah compliant retail banking
- Global challenges for Islamic retail banking in the current digital climate
IRB Certificate of Specialisation - In a nutshell
How is the content delivered?
All aspects of these sessions are conducted in a fully digital/virtual setting via Zoom/MS Teams.
How long do these sessions last for?
The IRB session takes a total of 8 hours spread out over 2 days.
Do you issue a certificate upon completion?
We do indeed! Click here for a preview of a certificate.
What is my investment for this course?
Solo attendance is @ USD 60 – bulk registrations of 3 or more @ USD 100/participant.
Your Islamic Retail Banking Instructors
MIT-Muhammed Ikram Thowfeek
MIT-Muhammad Ikram Thowfeek is one of the very rare and unique Islamic finance personalities in the industry. Teaching Islamic finance on various topics is his passion and have taught more than 5000 Islamic finance students globally over the last three (3) decades. He is a Chartered Accountant by profession and an Islamic Banker and Ethical Entrepreneur by practice.
Senior Technology Director and Operations Head, Middle East at Synechron
Benefits of Enrolling with the FGDA
Subject Matter Experts and Practitioners will be taking up the Webinars on a regular basis, as per the Schedule.
“Be One in a Million”
Membership of the Millionaires Club of Islamic Bankers, Ethical Entrepreneurs and Islamic Finance Specialists entails a gamut of benefits to the students.
- We give you way more than just theoretical knowledge
- We have the best practitioners who have spent decades in the industry and have years of wisdom and knowledge
- We give you a hands-on approach to how Islamic Finance works – we guide you on the theoretical knowledge, but also show you how to apply that to real-life scenarios and problems.
Islamic Banking and Finance is a centuries old practice with its roots running back 1440 years – however, the first modern approach into Islamic Banking and Finance did not happen until 1975. Today, Islamic Banking and Finance sector is a global success story, managing funds in excess of 2 trillion US Dollars.
With educational institutes introducing Islamic Banking qualifications as mentioned earlier, competition among them is increasing rapidly to partake in this multi-trillion dollar industry. Imparting and nurturing new talent for the corporate and entrepreneurial world is what it will take to survive and thrive in this race. There is ample room for growth and new-players if we are to market Islamic Finance to the masses under the moniker of ‘valid and applicable to people of all faiths and beliefs’.
Send Us a Message
Frequently Asked Questions
There are various options to pay at your own convenience.
- Cash – You can come to our office and pay cash and get a receipt
- Direct Bank Transfer – You can transfer the funds to our First Global Academy Bank Account and share the copy to the transfer slip and get it acknowledged, followed by access to the Portal.
- You can pay digitally, using your Debit/Credit card.
Yes, if you need some time to pay for. You can select to pay in two instalments. Since this program will run upto 8-10 weeks – to start and finish.
Not for this IFQ Program. But if you are one of the students following the Dual Qualifications Program, then you have to do projects on your own and submit. All details of the project will be shard under that program.
Most of the interaction will happen on and during the weekly webinars, our lectures are very interactive and you will often find yourself participating in question and answer sessions and we give plenty of opportunity to our students during the sessions to ask any and all questions they have and clear up any confusion they might have before moving on.
We currently give our students access to two mock exams – 50 Questions picked from our question bank, with the option of trying it with 3 attempts.
Weblinks for the webinars will be shared with you on a weekly basis. You will gain access to all other educational materials + extras via the student portal and the website.
This is unfortunately not possible as the e-learning standards we adhere to require one account per student to track progress and maintain educational integrity.
A stable internet connection with a mic and webcam will be needed. You will need Zoom to access the weekly webinars.
We will send you the account login details once the payment information is verified – you can use this login info by clicking on the login button on the banner of our homepage to gain access to the student portal.
The content of the pathway will be conveyed via weekly webinars with access to educational collateral provided through the student portal of the website.